Alimak has adopted the principles stated in this policy. In our day-to-day operations we expect every officer, board member, employee and in-house working consultant of Alimak to follow the policy as our way of conducting the business.
Alimak is the global leader of rack and pinion vertical access solutions with a global footprint and a vital part of the society and economic markets where we operate.
Environmental, social and corporate governance considerations form an integral component of our business activities and we recognize responsible business decisions and actions as a key element of our strategy. This means that business decisions within Alimak need to consider the economic, social and environmental impact on our stakeholders and the societies where we operate. Developing a sustainable business and operations, we continuously optimize our business performance, maximize value creation for our stakeholders and enhance our contribution to societal development.
Alimak supports international standards on human rights, labour conditions, the environment and anti-corruption. Our Code of Conduct is based on United Nations Global Compact and its ten principles that guide corporate behaviour in the area of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. Alimak strives to act as one company, based on a common set of values, business principles, policies and management. Wherever we operate we act as a local company, identifying and working with local business risks and opportunities.
Interaction with Stakeholders
Our stakeholders include employees, customers, business partners, suppliers, shareholders and governments, as well as the communities in which we operate. Our relationships and dialogue shall be honest, fact-based and transparent within the bounds of commercial confidentiality. We value interaction and therefore encourage constructive dialogue with all our stakeholders. We advocate free and fair trade, striving for forthright competition and ethical conditions within the legal framework of the countries in which we operate.
We are the global market leader and pioneer in our industry and and aim to deliver high-quality and safe products and services that contributes to our customers’ success.
We shall present and market our solutions in an honest manner; and we do not use unfair or deceptive practices. Alimak does not accept any fraudulent behavior, bribery or corruption. We shall not offer customers or potential customers, or any representatives of such entities, any undue benefits in violation of applicable laws, Alimak’s policies and guidelines or reasonable and generally accepted ethical business practices. Further guidance in relation to the foregoing is set out in Alimak´s Ethical Guidelines.
Alimak acknowledges that our employees are key to our success. Our aim is to be an attractive employer and we strive to attract, develop and retain qualified and motivated people in a professional and attractive working environment. All Alimak activities must be conducted with respect for human rights and employee health and safety.
- We do not accept any use of child labour or forced labour.
- All employees shall be treated fairly and equally. We aim to create a work environment where people are respected regardless of individual differences, talents or personal characteristics. No employee or candidate shall be discriminated against or harassed due to age, race, gender, religion, handicap, nationality, sexual orientation, marital or parental status or political opinion.
- We respect that employees have the right to choose whether or not to be represented by a trade union for the purpose of collective bargaining. No employee who exercises this right shall be discriminated against.
- All employees should know the basic terms and conditions of their employment.
- Alimak aims to provide and constantly improve a safe and healthy workplace by ensuring safety in work processes, preventing and reacting to conditions of ill health and supporting measures to promote health and well being. We are committed to providing employees with a drug- and alcohol-free workplace and will not tolerate any form of harassment, retaliation, violence, abusive language or bullying.
- All employees shall exercise special care to prevent unauthorized disclosure or inappropriate use of company confidential information. However, we aim for openness, and encourage exchange of knowledge and experience within the boundaries of confidentiality.
- Alimak employees shall avoid any contacts that might lead to or suggest a conflict of interest between personal activities and the business of Alimak.
- Alimak does not accept any fraudulent behavior, bribery or corruption. Business gifts or hospitality shall be offered or accepted only in accordance with local legislation and business practices as well as Alimak Ethical Guidelines. If these principles are not followed, Alimak will act immediately and consequent towards the involved person(s).
Alimak strives to be an attractive investment for our shareholders, and we aim for long-term, sustainable development of shareholder value. We inform our shareholders and the market of all major developments that affect the valuation of the company promptly, simultaneously and transparently.
- We report all financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices as set forth in applicable Alimak accounting policies, and as provided in local laws and regulations.
- We have a policy of full, fair and accurate disclosure to ensure that the market receives timely, comprehensive and understandable information in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, stock exchange rules and corporate governance codes.
- We do not use insider information directly or indirectly in stock trading.
Suppliers and other Business Partners
Alimak aims to be a reliable partner to suppliers. We focus on long-term, good business relations and healthy cooperation. We expect our suppliers to support and at all times comply with international standards in human rights, labour conditions, and applicable environmental, anticorruption1, export control and sanction2 laws and regulations. We require our suppliers, including their suppliers, sub-suppliers, producers and business partners producing goods for Alimak, to align the operations in accordance with this policy and Alimak Code of Conduct for Suppliers – we consider this as an important criterion when establishing or continuing our business relations.
- We acknowledge the purchasing power Alimak has, and its possible effects on our business relations. We select suppliers purely on the basis of merit, and make clear to all suppliers that we expect them to compete fairly and actively for our business.
- We select and evaluate suppliers on the basis of predetermined criteria such as quality, price, availability, delivery, reliability, service and corporate responsibility requirements, which include social and environmental aspects.
- Adherence to the principles of the policy shall be an integral part of legal contracts and agreements with suppliers.
- Business decisions and actions shall be based on the best interest of the company, our customers and shareholders. Therefore, decisions may not be motivated by personal or improper relationships or interests and these shall not affect our independent and sound judgement.
- We strive to establish relationships with our business partners (e.g. consultants, joint venture partners) based on mutual trust and in line with the intent of this policy.
- Alimak does not accept competition-restricting activities. We do not enter discussions or agreements with competitors concerning pricing, market shares or other similar illegal activities.
- Alimak´s suppliers are required to sign and follow our Code of Conduct for Suppliers containing detailed requirements regarding human rights, labour conditions, the environment and anti-corruption.
Our operations contribute to economic development by creating direct and indirect job opportunities and financially contributing to the societies in which we operate. Our objective is to be a long-term business and a good corporate citizen.
Alimak acts in a responsible manner within the laws of the countries in which we operate.
Alimak does not engage in the politics of the countries in which we operate, nor do we make political donations. We do not comment on politics or make political statements when representing our company.
Alimak is committed to conducting our business in an environmentally responsible way. We constantly strive to improve and to become more resource efficient.
- In our own operations we aim for efficient use of raw materials and energy as well as to minimize related waste and CO2 emissions.
- Together with our suppliers, business partners and customers, we aim to reduce our carbon footprint and to reduce our social and environmental footprint.
Guidance, Compliance and Reporting
The requirements of the policy apply to all employees, board of directors and in-house consultants of Alimak, in all markets and at all times. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please consult with your immediate manager or the CFO.
The board of directors of Alimak Group AB has ownership of the policy and performs regular content and compliance reviews. Day-to-day reinforcement and compliance follow-up is part of every manager’s responsibility. All employees are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the contents of the policies and guidelines of Alimak and for acting in accordance therewith, and are encouraged to voice concerns with their immediate manager and to highlight examples of good practice. All operations covered by the policy will be regularly reviewed.
Acts that are inconsistent with the policy must be promptly corrected and are subject to disciplinary action up to termination of employment depending on the severity of the incident.
The Group CFO or a person appointed by the Alimak Group Board of Directors holds the Compliance Function in the Group and report to the Chair of the Audit Committee. Any deviations from the Code of Conduct, the Ethical Guidelines or the Code of Conduct for Suppliers shall be reported to the Compliance Function by sending an email to email@example.com or by regular mail to the address listed below.
Alimak Group AB
Att: Compliance Function
Brunkebergs torg 5
SE-111 51 Stockholm, Sweden
Alimak also provides access to an internal Whistleblowing function. Details on the Whistleblowing function are provided on the Alimak Intranet/website by accessing the link “Whistleblower”.
Regardless of the reporting channel, all allegations of potential violations of the guidelines that are made in good faith will receive a swift, fair and comprehensive investigation conducted with the relevant internal and/or external assistance.
There shall be no retaliation or other negative consequences for persons reporting in good faith. The information received will be managed according to the Swedish Data Inspection Board´s guidelines regarding handling of sensitive information.
Updates and Reviews
This policy shall be reviewed and updated annually or as needed based on the recommendations of the CFO.
Code of Conduct for Suppliers
Our code of conduct for suppliers is based on international conventions and agreements on human rights and working conditions and is a commitment to managing our activities in an ethical and responsible way, and to make requirements on our suppliers and manufacturers.
Alimak´s Code of Conduct for suppliers is based on the UN’s general declaration on human rights, the UN conventions on children’s rights, ILO’s conventions on human rights in the workplace, the UN’s Global Compact, the OECD’s guidelines for multinational companies and other relevant internationally agreed treaties.
The code of conduct is followed up by dialogue and cooperation with our suppliers and distributors to ensure that requirements are respected and to contribute to improved conditions for people and the environment.
The code comprises the following areas:
- Human Rights
- Fair Labor conditions and Child Labor
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Environmental Responsibility
- Business Ethics
- Business Continuity Planning
- Procurement by Supplier
Deviations (Whistleblowing) from the code of conduct can be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org